Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Link Party No. 55 and More Quilt Market Photos

Before we will start our link party, I will share some more pictures from the Quilt Market.

Riley Blake's booth had this frayed edge apple core quilt displayed. What I love about this quilt is that it has a simple design but with a twist. The colors are so fun too.


My friend and I found a booth with really cute stitchery patterns by Penguin & fish. Her design reminds me of some of the Japanese drawing styles... I couldn't resist I bought a couple of them to stitch later. :)




I don't know why I didn't take any pictures with them, but I LOVEed the booth of Joel Dewberry. He and his (stunning) wife were so nice and fun to talk to. Their new fabric line was filled with vibrant colors. I have my eyes on "Rose Bouquet" (Sepia and Jade), I dreamed of making a summer dress out of them.

Another amazing designer I took picture with was Jennifer Paganelli from Sis Boom. Unfortunately the picture didn't turn out very good(SOB!). I love her use of colors and gorgeous designs. I bought a couple yards of her fabric last summer, planning to make a top for the summer and it never happened. Meeting her made me wanna start sewing right away!

There are a couple other designers that I really really had to meet... the first person was Sarah Jane. I have been a fan of her art work for a few years now, in fact, the one I fell in love with is hanging in Rachel's room. Now, she has embroidery patterns and her first fabric line through Michael Miller! When I first found out about this I was so excited! If you know her work, I probably don't need to tell you how cute her embroidery patterns are. Also, these fabrics... they are so sweet and fun! I know I will be getting some for me later!

Check out her booth. It was just so lovely and so detail oriented. Her booth was one of my favorites.



Sarah Jane and I... she is so nice and fun to talk to.


Another designer I admire and wanted to meet was Sandi Henderson. Her first book "Sewing Bits & Pieces" is such a fun book filled with great projects using scraps. I love her unique design style. Her fabric line from Michael Miller is just stunning!

When I asked her if she would take a picture with me, she suggested that we sit on this beautiful bench together. Really? Is that ok? I thought these chairs were display only. I was so giddy but settled my bottom softly so I wouldn't disturb the decorative pillows... That is the least I could do for her kindness.


Let me just share more pictures of her booth. Sigh....isn't everything gorgeous? I want to live in this booth if that is allowed.





I had such an amazing time at the quilt market! I am so glad that I got to go. Big thanks to my friends who went with me and above all, to my sweet husband who took care everything so I could go. :) I am all done with pictures from the market, BUT, I have some pictures I would love to share from the blogger's meet up at the end of this week.

Ok, go ahead and start linking. I can't wait to see your creations for this week!

As always here are the rules:

1. Please post something YOU made. It doesn't matter if it is crochet, quilt, clothing, anything would be fine. I want to see it! If you use someone's idea or patterns please give them the rightful credit.

2. Link to your specific post, that way it is easier for everybody to find and read it.

3. Please grab the "Tea Rose Home" grab button, and link back from your post. If you can mention the party in your post or place the button on your side bar, that would be great! I want more people to have a chance to come and show off their creation.




13 comments :

  1. Thanks for hosting, have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow how fabulous to meet Karri and Amy in person !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you again for hosting. Have a great week. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much eye candy from the Quilt Market. Thanks for sharing. It is the second time I've seen that apple core pattern quilt posted today. Perhaps that is a sign I need to make one of my own. I love that style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi lovely,

    Thanks so much for having me to your party. I just sent you an email!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many gorgeous photos! I bet you were in fabric heaven! Thanks for hosting today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quilt market looks like so much fun. All that prettiness!

    Thanks again for hosting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sachiko,
    I love quilt shows..went every year when I lived in Houston, Texas.

    So many great links...this will take a while!

    janet xox
    http://theemptynest-janet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your market stories, the booths look like little worlds of the their own! And thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for sharing your quilt market stories, those booths look like their own little worlds! So pretty! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah Jane's and Sandi's were two of my favorite booths as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your quilt market photos and I agree, I would love to have a room designed like one of those...I would just lay in it and stare at the walls all day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing your quilt market photos with us. For someone who will probably never have the chance to go to quilt market, it is a treasure. By the way, you look so happy (like a kid in a candy store) :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin