Monday, December 21, 2009

Oh, Count Down to Christmas!

How are you all doing? Christmas is just a few days away; are you ready for the big day? I am almost ready... I have some gift wrapping and pot sticker wrapping left to do. I am going to do a big pot sticker making party on the 24th so I can take them up to my in-laws. Just like the family in the "Christmas Story", we are going to eat Chinese food on Christmas, Fa, ra, ra, ra, ra-, ra, ra, ra, ra... (if you haven't seen the movie, I highly recommend that you do).

I always have several projects going on at the same time, and the last few weeks have not been an exception. I am still working on a few projects that I can't share with you all yet, but I have completed some of them.

I found this kitchen towel at the dollar store a few weeks ago...


and made a pillow with some cross stitches on it.



Also, I made a tag blanket for a friend of mine, who just had a baby.


and, I have been baking a LOT lately... I love to cook and bake. My kids have been having a blast "helping" me in the kitchen.



Before I got married, my mother wanted to open a cafe with me, I thought it was not a bad idea, and to practice and try out new recipes I baked almost everyday.

After baking and munching so many cookies lately I rememberd why I stop baking so much...I was 20 lb heavier back then...

It is so hard to keep from eating holiday goodies isn't it?

Well, I better go and do some gift wrapping. I will do it with Christmas music on, that will make the job even more fun!

8 comments :

  1. I love baking, but with just two of us in the house it's so bad to have so many baked goods around! We always end up taking 3/4 of a batch of cookies to the neighbors. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have me laughing with the "fa ra ra" heehe.

    your cookies look so good. and the tea towel is pretty. i hope you guys have a very merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE that pillow! YOu are so talented!H Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been so busy, everything looks wonderful. And...eat those cookies, you could stand to gain several more pounds! I love the pillow, you sure have an eye and mind for great ideas.
    Merry Christmas... something is on its way in the mail to you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas! Everything looks so lovely as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I saw your towel pillow the other day I loved it so much but I thought, what are the chances that way out here acrosss the country I'll be able to find that dishtowel? But guess what, I went to the store this morning and found it! I was so excited! (I guess your dollar store is dollar tree too) Anyway, so did you just cut it in 1/2 lengthwise and do the crosstitch and then sew it right sides together, stuff it and then flip it and hand sew it closed? That's what I'm figuring you did, but I can't tell if you used a pillow form. Anyway, I am going to attempt to make one, and I may even make them for gifts for next year. Thanks for the great- and thrifty- idea! I absolutely love all of your projects and your blog is one of my all time favorites!!
    I'm glad you had a nice Christmas, and thanks for all of the great crafty inspiration!!
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Elisabeth-
    I am so glad to hear that you liked the pillow, and that is so awesome that you found the same towel!! What I did was very simple.
    1. I cut all the seams off. Because, some parts get bulky, I found it was easier to sew without the folded seams. Then, cut some fabric off so the finished pillow will be 10" X 16".

    2. I did cross stitch. I happend to have a magazine with all the alpabet cross stitch patterns. I just used that and marked the towel with pencil.

    3. Sew the pillow, fliped it inside out and stuffed it with stuffing. Slip stitch closed.

    That's it. It was a very simple project, I am thinking about doing this for many other projects in the future too. Wouldn't that be fun?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin